Sunday 13 January 2013

Finally beginning my etmooc journey.  For me, putting my thoughts in writing and out there for the world to read is a big step.  I have been involved in promoting technology as a teacher and an elementary and secondary administrator since the early days of my career, but have done so in the relative privacy of my school and peer group.
I am really excited about trying out new technologies and promoting their use with students and teachers.  My first adventure is creating a digital story and adventure it is turning out to be!
For the initial stage I have been looking through my extensive photo library and selecting pictures.  My first big discovery is that I am lousy at filing and labeling pictures, which has made the selection process long and tedious.  Another glaring issue is tracking of pictures on my various devices.  It seems that in addition to having filing issues with the main group in iphoto,  I have pictures on my ipad, my phone, and my laptop. 


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on taking this big step! Like you, I am a photo junkie with filing-phobia, or so it would seem.

    It's really exciting to see how many northerners are taking this journey together. I think we should create a space of our own for sharing and support. I'll work on that this week.

    I'm looking forward to learning with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, welcome to the blogosphere! :) I'm sure that you'll enjoy the opportunity to share your experiences and thoughts, and others will appreciate learning from you as well. Congratulations on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For organizing pictures on all devices you can use your icloud and if you have a Mac which I think you do. They have a neat feature of facial recognition that will help sorting of some of those pictures. You could also use instagram or of course any picture site to cloud source your pictures for you. As well because I'm a newbie what is ETMOOC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOOC stands for massive open online course. This one is in educational technology. I am using 'faces' but I am unsure how to ensure the 12000 plus pictures don't end up on my ipad or phone. I probably need to do some reading.

    ReplyDelete